Thursday 28 October 2010

Wooing over Winogrand


Garry Winogrand, American, 1928–1984 Untitled (Barefoot woman riding bicycle), c. 1975 Gelatin silver print 33.3 x 22.2 cm

When thinking about photo's and images to fill this blog I try to look for ones that speak to me on more than one level, that somehow seem significant to me. I never believe that a whim, how eccentric it may be, is unique. Therefore it seems logical that a passion for something as trivial as bicycles must be shared by a considerable amount of people.

With this in mind I also look for photographs by my favorite photographers that have the bicycle as a subject. When they then appear to have made a bicycle photograph that is the epitome of what I am looking for my heart makes a little jump.

Just like when I found this photo by Garry Winogrand today.

through the The Art Institute of Chicago


No comments: